Reading May Sarton


Picking this up again. It's been quite some time since I've tried to read it. For some reason, it's one of those books that I have multiple copies of.

I'm wanting to read Anne Truitt's Daybook. I know I have at least two copies of that as well. Alas, they are hiding at the moment even though I've torn the apartment apart twice looking for a single copy.

I feel as if I've gone astray in the reading department. I  keep picking up books from my shelves, seeking something to fall in love with, failing to do so and forcing myself to keep reading at least three quarters before I give up. It's not a lack of attention. It's not lack of choices. I'm seeking something. I just haven't found it yet...

Comments

MissBooksmith said…
I loved May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude, I have several unfinished books on the go, but I think in my case it is a case of not finishing what I started. Something I am working on. Karen x
Megan Noel said…
She is under appreciated & this particular book is a timely choice. I relate to her love / rage relationship with solitude.
Unknown said…
I have all of May Sarton's journals and was so sad that I discovered her after she died. I would have loved (I think) to meet her. Understand she was a very strong personality.

Popular Posts