Meet Me Here

I think I'm done but I'm letting it sit for now. The only collage is the image of the woman sitting. The house, palette and scissors are all painted.
I am having a very hard time working right now. I know I'm not alone. I try to do something creative daily but it's especially difficult at a time like this when people are suffering and dying in large numbers, people worldwide are struggling and things are uncertain. 

My art might be my sanctuary but it is where I let things spill. I confess. I rant. I tell my truths even if those truths are ugly or they're truths others don't believe in, they're MY truths.

I do the work. I let it out. I walk away and I come back. It's all I can do. I fill the well reading when I'm not working.

In the meantime, I'm staying in. I'm trying to take care of myself and my family. I'm trying to be gentle with myself and those around me. I'm doing the best I can but wondering if it's enough. 

Comments

Diane said…
It’s amazing and beautiful Kelly. Some days I’m too tired to do much.
Even if it’s a tiny bit, still lifts my mood, so it’s worth trying! 🤗
-Diane
MissBooksmith said…
It's more than enough. ❤️

Popular Posts