Stay at Home and Learn Art History: Reading Edward Hopper


I'm almost finished with my Matisse book. I am thinking about reading this thick book Edward Hopper: An Intimate Biograph by Gail Levin next. 

I picked it up after watching season three of Twin Peaks in 2017. I read several interviews where David Lynch mentioned using both Francis Bacon and Edward Hopper's paintings as inspiration for the series. I didn't know anything about Hopper but I loved and appreciated David Lynch. So, on this recommendation, I picked up the book. 

So, as I stay home for myself and others, I'm trying to keep my brain active in learning new things. It's been difficult to tear myself away from the news but at night, I cuddle up with a book and dive in. Have you read, watched, baked, tried or listened to anything new?

Comments

Popular Posts