On the Road: Listening to...


I am passionate about art and art history. At home while I'm working and doing chores as well as when I'm on the road , I listen to art podcasts and audio books. Right now, as I trek home from teaching at Everything Scrapbook and Stamps in Florida, Mad Enchantment: Claude Monet and the Painting of the Water Lilies by Ross King is playing.

Art feeds me. Seeing, reading, listening to and studying work by other artists feeds and inspires me.

I'm about ten chapters in and it's hard to turn it off. There are some major pronunciation errors by the reader but the content is incredible. It's all about Monet's last years spent painting the waterlilies. It weaves art and things that were happening in the world at the time (World War I for starters.) It held my interest on a twelve hour drive yesterday. 

Have you read or listened to it? What did you think?

Comments

Popular Posts