An Art Book Break...



 

Johannes Itten: Catalogue Raisonné Vol. I. Paintings, Watercolors, Drawings. 1907-1938 (Wish I had)

Pushing paper: Contemporary drawing from 1970 to now (Have to see first.)

A Big Important Artist: A Womanual: Creative Projects and Inspiring Artists to Kick-Start Your Imagination (I love the Jealous Curator and all of her books!)

 

Manet and Modern Beauty: The Artist’s Last Years (Want to see first. The exhibit is at The Getty in Los Angeles right now.)

Cut and Paste: 400 Years of Collage (Have to see it first. Don't know anything about it. Sounds interesting.)

Vintage Botanical Illustration: Copyright-Free Images for Artists, Designers and Plant Lovers (Haven't seen it but sounds neat for collage or inspiration.)

Johannes Itten (Great Masters in Art) (on my shelf. A gem of a little book.)

 

Lynda Barry's Making Comics (on my shelf. I love Lynda and all that she does. Her work is an absolute must for anyone interested in the creative process.)

 

In Pursuit of Inspiration: Trust Your Instincts and Make More Art (Creativity Exercises, Art Book for Artists Techniques) (I have. Excellent book! Rae Dunn's books are very inspiring.)



Taking a short break from posting my Europe photos and workshop info to share some books that are on my shelf and current wishlist. I'd love to hear if you think there's anything I should add.

Comments

Popular Posts