On my Shelf: Sketchbook Explorations by Shelley Rhodes



Last week I was wandering my local Barnes and Noble when a book JUMPED off the shelf, screamed, "TAKE ME HOME NOW!" and pulled me to the checkout counter. I'm so happy that I obeyed. 

Shelley Rhodes' Sketchbook Explorations is a gem of a book. Part how to, part why and pages FULL of visual stimulation will make this a necessary addition to every mixed media artist's library. 

If you love painting, sketching, Mark making, book making, journaling, and art journaling, you'll love this book. Every page is a visual feast. I can see myself dipping into this book repeatedly.

Sketchbook Explorations is definitely one of the best books on art making and creativity that I've seen in quite some time. I can't stop flipping through it.

Comments

Jan said…
Thank you Kelly for this recommendation. I trust your taste in books and will be buying this one asap!!!
Jan
Hagit said…
Kelly, that publishing house has many fantastic books, all of them with that felty cover that I love, some are about textiles, but all are wonderful and related to art journaling even if not directly - mark making, story telling, etc. Check them out, I think you'll like them.

Popular Posts