Cross Country Museum Plans...


If you've been to the Barnes Foundation in PA or any of the other museums I mention in the To See List below, I'd love to hear about your experiences.
I am making plans for my cross country road trip at the end of April into May. Still trying to finalize which museums Mom and I will be stopping at this trip as we trek back and forth across the U.S. My goal? To see as many Van Gogh paintings as possible.

To See List:

The Met in NYC is a top priority. Next up is Barnes Foundation. I am also thinking about The Phillips Collection in D.C., Toledo Museum of Art, Detroit Institute of Arts, St Louis Museum of Art, Philadelphia Museum of Art (though their weird online policy states that art listed online might not actually be on display the day you arrive is off-putting. Gee, thanks.), toying with the idea of visiting the National Gallery again and possibly the Wadsworth Anthaneum in CT.

I did the National Gallery, MOMA, MFA Boston, Fogg, Art Institute of Chicago and Cleveland Museum of Art during last year's road trip. I loved every minute.

I am specifically in search of Van Gogh but am also interested in your thoughts and experiences on museums I mention above and even other museums that I don't mention. We'll see what we end up having time for on this trip.

I know about the Renoir exhibit (father and son, painter and director) at the Barnes Foundation (it is the only place that will have this exhibit in the U.S.) and I am playing with the dates as I try to figure if this will work with our schedule (it opens *after* I leave Maryland. I had hoped to go on the way there.)

Thank you.

♡.

Comments

Popular Posts