Bringing Home the Goods: San Francisco


I trekked into San Francisco today with my friends, Connie and Meryl (thanks again, ladies.) We had an extremely inspiring time at SFMoma for the Rauschenberg exhibit (photos to follow.) 

From there, we visited Japan Town. First stop was lunch at the crepe shop. Maido was calling my name. Alas, no paint markers or plethora of washi tape were to be found there which made my wallet happy. I found everything but the books and the bag there. I bought nothing at Kinobuyitall (aka Kinokuniya.) Pastries succeeded in tempting us and for now, they are sitting on the shelf uneaten ready for my workshop tomorrow. 

We then ventured to the Eyvind Earle exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum. I was lucky enough to see Earle's work up close and in person last year. If you are anywhere near San Francisco, GO. Do not hesitate. Let me know what you think. My only regret is that I probably won't be able to see it again before it closes.

Our tummies were rumbling and we wanted to avoid the line, so we headed to Burma Superstar. I had a great vegetarian dish but it was a bit too salty for my palate. It is a popular restaurant with a line that quickly forms out the door.

We ended our San Francisco adventure with a trip to Green Apple Books. I found the two David Park, Robert Motherwell books and the tiny tote bag there. Nothing for collage but plenty for inspiration (I actually forgot to look in a few different sections for  books to cut up for collage.)

It was truly a grand adventure out. I left inspired and eager to work in my journal (which I did as soon as I got back to Maria's. I finished three pages.) Thankful to my friends who made the time and took the journey with me. 


I am still taking signups for An Artist's Study online workshop  (above is one of the pages I finished tonight.) I can't stop thinking about this workshop. I am going to be sad when I finish this book. At the same time, I have so many ideas, I'm ready to start the next journal and see what path that leads me down. It is always really interesting how that works. I've been lugging this book around since early October (and most of it was done until I decided to rework it in late September.) I feel a bit like Linus but I do adore this little piece of New Mexico memories... 

Good night. Up early for my workshop in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts