When Modern Was Contemporary


 Girl on a Terrace Richard Diebenkorn

When I originally made my plans for my trek to New Mexico, it didn't include stopping in Albuquerque. My Mom was supposed to fly into Los Angeles and then drive with me to Santa Fe and Taos but the weather had other plans. So, we quickly made plans for me to pick her up in Albuquerque. 

Albuquerque! Richard Diebenkorn popped into my head. I wondered if any of the museums had his work on display and I was in luck! The Albuquerque Museum has an exhibit up right now through the end of December called When Modern Was ContemporarySelections from the Roy R. Neuberger Collection.
I had about a half an hour at the museum and I enjoyed every minute. If you are in New Mexico, it's well worth a trek. It's fascinating to see how contemporary the artwork being done in the 1950's was via this collection. I went specifically for the Diebenkorn and was left pleasantly surprised by the collection:





 



 


 













 





 


(Sorry some of these are blurry. The light was really low.)





 


The Albuquerque Museum is located at 2000 Mountain Road NW. More information can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts