Where Artists Gather...


We said goodbye to Maria's wonderful studio in Niles today. She'll be closing the doors in less than a week. It's been a space of creativity, friendship, laughter and good times over the years. 

I've often said that it's not just the space that makes the workshops magical but the people and what each one brings to the table. That's how I feel about teaching in studios, homes, stores, schools and more. Each place offers a chance to connect as well as reconnect.

I started teaching for Maria and our Northern California group at her home. It was a wonderful space filled with people that at first I adored and now consider friends, people that I absolutely love, appreciate and enjoy being with, something that often happens with art classes.

I just wanted to say a very big thank you:
-First to Maria who has made it all possible over the years by opening up her home, studio and heart to so many of us over the years. 
-Thank you to each and every one of you who took a workshop there over the many years that I taught in Niles and Fremont. I love seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new ones. 
-Thank you to David (the soap maker) who needed a studio space of his own and reached out to share a space with Maria.
-Thank you to Han, Rena and the other Niles locals who helped to spread word about the workshops.
-Thank you to Maria's family for all of the help and patience over the years.

It's hard to put the amount of love and gratitude that I have in words. 

I hope to see you at Maria's home in early December for a very special weekend.... 

Love and thanks again,
Kelly

Comments

Meryl said…
My eyes are moist! Wonderful to read your expression of gratitude which is reminding me to appreciate everyone and everything that is a part of my life. And of course a BIG, BIG thank you to you for making all those regular trips to us in "NoCal."
Kelly Kilmer said…
Meryl, I am so grateful to have met Maria...because of her generosity in opening up her home (and later studio) for my classes, I have met so many wonderful people LIKE YOU! I love my Northern California art friends. <3

Popular Posts