What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Blogs, Blogs and More Blogs (Yay!)


I just happened to glance up at the little counter box as I started this post. This is my 4,201 post since I started in 2006. I go through my blog reader (feedly since Google reader went bye bye) every couple of days now since it seems that far fewer people are blogging. It makes me sad as I used to be something that I did every day.

I love blogging and read blogs. It's such an intimate medium and so different than any of the other social media. If you have a blog, leave a link in the comments and I'll stop by and say hi. Maybe it will encourage others to remember to bounce around the blogging universe a bit...

Here are some of my favorite active blogs that have posted within the last month:
and you?

3 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

My favorites are Mary Ann Moss at http://dispatchfromla.com and Roz Stendahl at http://rozwoundup.com. Mary Ann because she just lives life the way I want to as well, full of joy and observation and creativity. And Roz because she is so no nonsense about sketchbooking and art (and very very productive). I keep my own blog on my artsy stuff with a lot of photography in the mix as well on http://caatjesartsystuff.blogspot.com .
I am definitely seeing a decline in both blogging and blog reading. It's a pity really, I love the medium and have been doing it myself on a regular basis since 2010.

Anne Rita Taylor said...

Hi Kelly, I only started blogging in 2016 - wrote about 70 blogs so far on: making books, calligraphy, origami, and about various workshops I've taken - this year I'm blogging twice a month since I'm working part time. I agree, I love that blogs are a different form of social media and intimate too! http://anneritataylor.blogspot.com

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thank you, ladies!

Carin, I forgot to add Mary Ann and Roz. I know that they are both wonderful and regular bloggers so thank you for the reminder. I just realized that Roz's blog had disappeared from my feed so I need to rectify that.

Ooh thank you, Anne Rita. I've added you to my reader as well. :)

I've added all of the above blogs to the post and a few more. :)