30 September and 1st October 2016 Journal Pages


Hard to believe that September is already here. Tristan starts his junior year next week (every year I think, how is this even possible?) at CalArts. He's worked hard all summer and is going to be working even harder now that school has started. I wish that I had the time to devote my every waking minute to more art making like he does. I wish that most of us did as I think the world might be a better place if we all spent more time creating, thinking and sharing than whatever the heck it is that seems to eat up most of our time as we age.

I started a new book last night. I've had it on my shelf since it came out in 2011, The Memory Palace. I'm halfway through it (this is what happens on laundry days when you let your laundry pile up until you have nothing clean to wear...you get to read at the laundromat!) It's a heartbreaking, well written book. I think I picked it up based on Audrey Niffenegger's blurb on the backcover. Mira Bartok is also an artist and has a new book out (she's doing a book tour later this month.) I'm looking forward to more of her work.


Thanks for checking in. Hope you are safe with everything going on in the world. ♡.

Comments

Popular Posts