On My Shelf


David and I have been cleaning our bookshelves recently (for various reasons), trading in books for credit at the local used bookshops. I have to laugh when I bring in a box for credit only to come home with the same amount of books in return...

I blame the Hopper book on watching season three of Twin Peaks. I've been eyeing it for weeks. I am quite shocked that there aren't any Francis Bacon books in this pile (wagging a finger at you, Lynch) for my current interest (obsession?) in his work where there had been none prior. On that note, Francis Bacon In Your Blood (The audio version) is excellent. 

Am still on a big David Park kick at the moment. With less than 75 pages to go in David Park: A Painter's Life, I can't stop thinking about it. It is definitely one of the best artist bios I've ever read. I am always on the lookout for a good book that will help improve me as an artist, an art teacher and as a human, this is a book that has earned a place on my shelf. 


Do you have any recent art book reads which you want to share?

Comments

Popular Posts