Bay Area Figurative Art at SFMoma

 

David Park's Man in a T-Shirt 1958


Elmer Bischoff's Orange Sweater 1955

 

Nathan Oliveiria's Adolescent by the Bed 1959


Richard Diebenkorn's Recollections of a Visit to Leningrad 1965


 Richard Diebenkorn's Cityscape #1 1963

A couple of weeks ago when I trekked to teach in Northern California, I wanted to make sure that I saw the Munch exhibit, Between the Clock and the Bed at SF Moma (a separate post on that to follow. If you are in the area, you NEED to go. If you aren't near the area, there is a wonderful exhibit catalog to check out.) While there, I popped into where the Bay Area Figurative Artists' work was hanging to say hi to some favorite artists and their work. I can't get enough of their art...

Links:
SFMoma
Bay Area Figurative Art (a visit to the NUMU in Los Gatos)
What I'm Reading-David Park
More on Diebenkorn on my blog

Comments

Popular Posts