Paint Comparison: Holbein Luminous Opera vs Winsor & Newton Galeria Opera Rose


I had to trek to Blick yesterday in West L.A. to restock my supply bag of paints for my classes (yes, even after the post from Instagram, I still needed to stock up as I like to be prepared.) I am almost out of Holbein's Luminous Opera and was very disappointed to find out that the store was also out of stock of that one color (the whole reason why I trekked there in the first place as my local Blick doesn't carry Holbein.) In desperation, I picked up Winsor & Newton's Galeria Acrylic Opera Rose. You can see test swatches of each above (Holbein is the pink that pops off the page. The Winsor Newton is near the top right corner of the book and you can barely see it.) Guess what's going back to the store today? Hopefully, I'll be able to find another tube (or two) of my favorite Holbein Acrylic while on the road...



Comments

Popular Posts