What I'm Reading: Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (In That Order)



For the past few years, I've been extremely curious about artists whose work I am unfamiliar with. I think I've already established that I'm a bibliophile and an artist (not sure which one of those goes first.) I recently was gifted with a copy of Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (In That Order) and I've had a very hard time putting the book down. 

Written by Bridget Quinn and illustrated by Lisa Congdon, the book is a perfect mesh of art, art history and memoir. I've forced myself to slowly devour it chapter by chapter instead of gulping it all down in one go. It's definitely a title that deserves a special place on my bookshelf. 



I'm not the only one who loves it. There are great reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and Huffington Post for starters.

What are you reading?

Comments

Popular Posts