8 December 2015 Journal Pages


Funny that looking back at these two (separate) pages now, what I would do to rework them. I encourage my students to make color copies of their pages and to look at them with new eyes. I have not done this myself recently and maybe it is time to do so again.

Some of you have asked about an update on David. He has an appointment with the urologist next week. He saw the oncologist on Monday. David did not have *kidney* cancer. The oncologist said that his kidney was fine (though his urologist said it was bigger than it should have been and was not functioning properly.) However, he had transitional cell carcinoma of the collecting agent that is attached *to* the kidney. It was a very slow moving cancer that did not spread. The stage was, "A."

That said, he told us the first year is the most important and we will be regulars at the doctors. He did say that there is a chance it could pop up elsewhere but he thinks he will be fine. We hope he is right.

We still do not know when his next surgery will be.  He does not want to think about it.

He is still tired a lot. He seems to slowly be getting back to his old self (between really long naps and doctor visits.) Thank you for your love, concern and kind wishes.

I am trying to get work done when I can. Everything seems in disarray and yet, I can find what I need to. I need time to reorganize everything including my head. I really enjoyed teaching at Art Unraveled last week. The energy of a roomful of creative artists is refreshing and stimulating. I am really looking forward to my classes in San Diego and Colorado this month! 

Comments

trish quilty said…
I wish you both the best. Persevere!! :)

Popular Posts