On My Shelf


Trying to figure out what to bring with me this weekend for distraction. Leaning towards the Van Gogh books. I started reading The Yellow House about Gauguin and Van Gogh's relationship. It has sucked me in. It begins with how each artist sent a self portrait to the other as a way of getting to know each other. I love that idea. Can you imagine creating personal pieces of art to swap with potential friends as a means of introducing oneself? Art that is supposed to represent you in the way that you see yourself and how you want others to see you?

Comments

Lynda Shoup said…
My first reaction was "Cool! What a great idea!" My second reaction was "Terrible idea. Can't imagine trying to create something I could send as an introduction that would represent me."Upon further thought I realize that is a wimpy way out.... I will be thinking about this possible project....

Popular Posts