18 August 2015 Journal Page



At some point, I'll sit down, crack open my journal and allow for some spilling. It's an overcast day (my favorite type of weather) and the grey is inspiring me to do a journal page.

Reflecting on the legacy of this man today:

April 22, 1965: The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. used a bullhorn to address the crowd at the Patrick T. Campbell Middle School in Roxbury. On segregation he told the crowd, "This is not a battle of white people against black people. It is a struggle between the forces of justice and injustice."
 photo by Boston Globe Photographer, Joseph Runci, who was also my Uncle

“And one day we must ask the question, ‘Why are there forty million poor people in America? And when you begin to ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth.’ When you ask that question, you begin to question the capitalistic economy. And I’m simply saying that more and more, we’ve got to begin to ask questions about the whole society…” –Martin Luther King, Jr. Speech to Southern Christian Leadership Conference Atlanta, Georgia, August 16, 1967.

Comments

Popular Posts