25 May 2015 Journal Page


AFI Fest started the other day. David and I missed the first night because we went to Vromans in Pasadena to meet Garth Risk Hallberg and have him sign his new book, City on Fire. I always enjoy author signings and out of the three fiction signings we've been to this year, his was definitely the best. He amused me as I was picking out a copy of the book by saying, "If you buy it, I'll sign it." 

Last night we saw two films at AFI, The Lobster and Macbeth. Both were interesting and while far from being big favorites, worth seeing on the big screen. The Lobster was quite funny and while not perfect, I did enjoy it. Macbeth is gorgeous and visually stunning. They took some liberty with the story which didn't really add much to it (nor did they need it) but the colors and images are rich. Just remember, it is Macbeth, and it is quite bloody!

Heading off soon to get in line for our film tonight. We have tickets to see both Hitchcock/Truffaut as well as Michael Moore's new film, Where to Invade Next. I'm thinking Moore is going to win out as he's in town to promote the film and we've never seen him in person before. Should make for an interesting night either way!

Comments

Popular Posts