On My Shelf


I've been reading The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop off and on for the past couple of weeks. As a bibliophile, I'm finding that it is an interesting read. The author weaves the tale of his life as a book lover with the history of books. If you love books as much as I do, you might want to check it out at your local library. Lewis Buzbee even has an extensive list of his favorite bookstores here.

I picked up an inexpensive, used copy of Dali by Dali last week at Iliad (my favorite bookstore.) Had I known that there is a larger, more extensive book with the exact same material, I would've picked that up instead but this I am enjoying this small copy of Dali artwork. 

Last night at Barnes and Noble, with an additional 20% off coupon in hand (along with the 30% off the list price) I finally succumbed to buying Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic. I haven't cracked it open yet but I hope to do so later on this evening. I know so many people who have sung its praises. Time will tell if I'll be adding my own voice to that chorus.

(Update on 10/24: I ended up returning Big Magic. I read half of it and then started skimming the rest.)

Comments

Popular Posts