Last Page of A Gypsy Heart Journal and Anaïs Nin


You can look back at the other pages in A Gypsy Heart Journal by clicking here.

Last Friday I wrote that I was reading Anaïs Nin's Mirages and Woolf's A Writer's Diary. Well, after reading about 100 pages in Mirages: The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin, 1939–1947, flipping through the pages about her lust for Gore Vidal and her thoughts about her "children" (boy toys), I decided to send it back. I flipped through Woolf's Diary and decided that I can send it back now and if I find it for a better price in my travels, I might pick it up again. I've read several of Nin's self edited diaries and haven't had the problem that I had with Mirages. Journaling can seem to some to be a very self centered activity (and it is, but in a healthy, good way.) Nin focuses on her affairs in this book and I just don't care. If I wanted to read her erotica, I'd read that instead. I'm looking for raw, honest journals that can help me in my own journaling and this isn't the kind of raw that I'm looking for. So, back they go. Now to figure out which book on my shelf I'm going to pick up next...

Comments

Popular Posts