Bringing Home the Goods: Vroman's Annual Tent Sale in Pasadena (or as my Sister Would Say, "MORE BOOKS?")


David and I trekked over to Vroman's in Pasadena twice this week. On Thursday we stood in line to meet former President Jimmy Carter (he signed 1500 books in less than two hours!) We were in line for about four hours and yet it was the fastest book signing I have EVER been to! He looked you right in the eyes and said thank you as he signed. It was definitely an experience and interesting to have met a president even for a nano-second!


We've been going to Vroman's tent sale for the past few years and I love it. It's a yearly event that I look forward to as an avid book lover and collage artist. I bought the above books for a great deal (50% off the sticker price, which was discounted!) 

I was SO excited to see the Alexander Girard book. I would flip through it whenever I saw it at Book Soup (their sister store.) It was just too expensive for me so I was over the moon to see it yesterday! FYI, there is a smaller version of the Alexander Girard book with a smaller price tag out as well. I absolutely love Girard's work. Now I just need to find a special place for it (as we have no coffee table for coffee table books. HA!)

I also bought Mary Oliver's Dog Songs as it has been on my wishlist. The other books are (Debbie Millman's Self Portrait As Your Traitor made my favorite books in 2014 list.)  I also bought second copies of Camilla d'Errico's Femina and Fauna and Romany Wg's Beauty in Decay II to collage with but after checking the prices, I think I'll hold onto these for a bit.

I'm off to clean and rearrange my bookshelves!

Comments

Popular Posts