What I'm Reading: Stefan Zweig

I'm a bit obsessed with Stefan Zweig at the moment. I found two more of his books last night at Iliad in North Hollywood. I just realized that I left my copy of The Post Office Girl out of this shot. That was the first Zweig book that led me down the rabbit hole. 

Last month, David found a hardcover copy of Amok for me. We were in the bookstore and he came up to me and said, "I found something you will like." I saw the spine and smiled. He said, "Open it." I squealed when I saw what was inside the front cover. No. Not an autographed Zweig. Something almost as good. Inside was a bookplate that read, "From the library of George Cukor." Yes. "Philadelphia Story" Cukor. I wonder if he had plans to adapt it. I wonder what Wes Anderson would think.

Comments

Popular Posts