Sunday, January 11, 2015 Scrampers, Torrance: The Painted Book

I am really looking forward to returning to teach at Scrampers in Torrance on Sunday, January 11th. The store is HUGE with lots of fun goodies and an extremely large classroom space. 
1309 Sartori Ave, Torrance, CA 90501
(310) 320-5476 (please do not call the store to sign up as all sign-ups for my classes at this store are handled via me) 
 
Each class is four hours in length. 
 
Class time is Noon to 4 p.m. 
 
The class fee is $80 per person (per class) which includes a vast array of mediums and materials to complete the necessary project. It is well known that I do not travel light to any of my classes. I will be bringing such things as:
  • all materials necessary to complete the project (handmade paper, decorative paper, board, glue, etc...)
  • bookbinding supplies (thread, awl, needles)
  • rubber stamps 
  • ink pads 
  • decorative tape
  • stencils
  • pens and markers
  • gel medium
  • collage ephemera and much, much more.
I do not travel light to my classes at all!







Cancellation policy: Students are allowed to cancel 72 hours (3 days) before the class. After that, you can send someone else in your place, transfer to another one of my classes or receive a kit.
 
 
The Painted Book: An Exploration in Layers

By popular demand, I'm teaching a brand new mixed media class. Roll up your sleeves, don your aprons and prepare to get messy! We'll explore a variety of mediums including watercolor, gouache, and much, much more. Create richly painted pages which you will assemble into a canvas covered book. Learn new ways of exploring color and layering in this unique four hour workshop.

Supply list: Apron, tacky glue, scissors, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad, and 1" brush to paint and glue (I like chip or bristle brushes).
 
 
I hope to see you there! 

Comments

Popular Posts