Classes in Los Angeles at the BookArtsLA Center!

I am very excited to announce that I will be teaching at the Book Arts Los Angeles Center (at the location where Stampin From the Heart used to be) starting in August. I recently visited the new space and it is gorgeous. There is plenty of space to work and an amazing amount of light in the studio. I am very eager to teach there.

BookArtsLA
11720 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066

Each class is four hours in length. 

Class time is Noon to 4 p.m.

The class fee is $85 per person which includes a vast array of mediums and materials to complete the necessary project. It is well known that I do not travel light to any of my classes. I will be bringing such things as:

  • all materials necessary to complete the project (handmade paper, decorative paper, board, glue, etc...)
  • bookbinding supplies (thread, awl, needles)
  • rubber stamps 
  • ink pads 
  • decorative tape
  • stencils
  • pens and markers
  • gel medium
  • collage ephemera and much, much more.
I do not travel light to my classes at all!

My first two classes there are as followed:

Sunday, August 24th
Discovering My Truths: Lessons in Bravery








Sunday, September  28th  
Journey Into the Self








You can sign up for the August and/or September classes by using the paypal button located under each class. To sign up for both classes, please click here:









Please note if these buttons don't work or if you have questions, please email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net.

Please note that I am handling all of the sign-ups (not BALA.)

Space is limited. 


I am also scheduled to teach there:

October 19th
November 2nd
December 14th (tentative)

Sunday, August 24th
Discovering My Truths: Lessons in Bravery


There's always something delightful about holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Imagine if that book was created entirely by your own hands. Prepare to make magic! You will explore luscious layers of paper, pen, expressions of the self and much, much more in this four hour workshop.



Supply list: scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
 

Sunday, September  28th
Journey Into the Self
In this four hour journey, you will create a bound book with pages attached that fold up, out and down. You will then dive in and learn new techniques for collage, art journaling, mixed media and self expression. Explore painting with paper; layering your letters and images; color secrets and much, much more. I guarantee that you will love working in this journal as much as I did!

Supply list: scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)


 I hope to see you there!

Comments

martha brown said…
I swear, Kelly, your pages get more beautiful every single day :)
I
cindy c said…
hi kelly-- am delighted to read that there is a new artmaking venue-- how do i find out more it

Popular Posts