Bringing Home the Goods



Paper, transparencies, stencils and Staz-on ink pads from Scrapbook Territory on 4th Street in Berkeley

 

Three sheets of handmade paper, two rolls of washi tape and replacement nibs for Montana markers from Flax in San Francisco. Flax is always one of my favorite stores. LOVE the paper room and their selection of goodies.


 Twenty sheets at $1 each at Flax's paper sale (not worth the effort. I wish I had snapped a photo of it. It was a madhouse and mostly papers that I wasn't interested in. Lots of greeting cards, too. I would not recommend going out of your way to go to the paper sale.

 

I bought four Marc Davis postcards, two Mary Blair magnets and a bunch of postcards from the Walt Disney Museum


While there, I picked up a newspaper supplement on the Blair exhibit. I also bought three of the E-Ticket Magazine. Each one focuses on a specific ride at Disneyland: Pirates of the Caribbean, Disneyland's Ghost House and It's a Small World.

I can't recommend the Walt Disney Museum enough. I peeked into the Disney part of the museum and was astounded at the amount of material in there. If you go to the Mary Blair exhibit (I hope to have  a separate post on this), make sure that you go downstairs in the main building as there is more of her work downstairs. Also make sure you check out the Marc Davis exhibit. I am trying to figure out if I can get back up there before the Mary Blair exhibit closes in early September. You can easily spend all day there. My friends and I were at least two and a half hours at the Mary Blair exhibit and I could've spent longer.

*****

You may be interested in my post on shopping in Berkeley and San Francisco (lots of links.)

Comments

Popular Posts