29 August 2013 Journal Page


This was an experimental page. It's different than what I usually do. I really enjoyed the process and I like the page. It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone and see what happens.

November is a busy month (class wise) for me. I have several classes coming up.  

This Saturday I'll be at Banana Rose in Westlake Village teaching my Lettering (and painting!!! Catch it while you can as I don't do too many of these any more) class. We'll be painting pages, experimenting with our lettering, making a quickie book from these pages and then going back and working some more on them. Please note that for those of you who can't make it on Saturday, I will be repeating the same class on Thursday, Nov 21st (you can sign up for that one here.)   

Sunday I'll be teaching another favorite new class, A Trace of Me, at Word is Art in Culver City. We'll be making a new book and then spending class time learning collage and art journal techniques (composition, design, and more.

More of my classes can be found here (Art Bar in Santa Ana and a new venue in Santa Monica called 1450 Ocean!) 

One other last bit of housekeeping, my artist's book is on sale (pre-order) until Thursday night at midnight (PST.) For those of you who order before then, you'll receive it at the special discounted price as well as a print. Thanks to all of you who have ordered, passed along the link or popped in to look. I am very, very excited about sending this out into the world.

Have a wonderful week! Try something different with your artwork!

Comments

Popular Posts