Little Love Notes: Triptych Book Revised and Revisited

 
3 April 2013 Journal 


 I'll be showing my triptych book in two page spreads. The funny thing about this book is that working small usually is a kick in the pants for me while working large is easy. I worked with a wide variety of images even large images, making them work on the pages. I loved every minute of it!  This book really made me step out of my comfort zone and I was thrilled that I enjoyed the process so much.

The other interesting thing about this book was how much it called to me. It took me about two weeks to work on all sixty pages. That's a new record for me. I usually make my books with no more than 8 to 10 pieces of paper which means 4 sides a page so anywhere from 32 to 40 pages. It usually takes a month to do 30 pages. This one I whipped through. Stuff I wasn't expecting came pouring out of me.

I tend to make each one of my journals a different size with a different stitch and construction method. I'm not one for keeping the same journal. I need that extra push when I work. 

I've resurrected this class quite a few times. Each time it's been offered in a different size, format and stitch. The first one was quite large and had a variety of pages and was stitched from the side and held to the book with ribbon. The second one shrunk down and had different size painted pages we tore down to fit the book. This newest one is smaller and has pages sewn into the spine and the pages are all uniform in size (though I always encourage folks to use different size pages if they want to.) There are other things that make the books and classes different as well such as new ways to approach the pages, new ideas and techniques, etc... I'm all about pushing myself as well as my students in my classes.

For the next couple of weeks I'll be showing the triptych book here as much as possible. I'll have every page posted. I hope that you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed working in the book.

Comments

TopazPearleGirl said…
Thanks for the preview, can't wait to see the rest of the pages!!
Sandy said…
Love this journal. It's awesome.
Debby said…
Will you consider teaching the structure of this journal online? I think the structure of it is really cool. Thanks for always being so sharing of your art and yourself.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks for the kind words @TopazPearleGirl and @Sandy!

@Debby I try very hard to keep my in person and online classes separate. Right now I do not have any plans to teach this online. Thanks for the kind words.

Popular Posts