19 January 2013 Journal Page



Had a great time teaching at Stampin From the Heart yesterday. I only had two classes booked in March and I really missed teaching my in person classes. It's frustrating as it's getting harder and harder to find places to teach at. I love online teaching, too, but there's something quite special about an in person class. 

I was just telling one of my friends that one of the things that I absolutely adore about teaching (both in person as well as online) is the chance to see people's pages blossom with their own unique selves. It's very interesting when you know someone to see their personality and their heart become exposed onto the page. Even with folks that you don't know, the more they share their pages   reveals something about them. It sounds weird but it's so true. I love seeing how the class exercises and techniques are translated by a wide variety of people. Each page is uniquely different and brims with the artist's own unique personality and take on the ideas. You start to know folks by their pages and it's quite a fascinating experience. I am extremely humble and grateful when I can see these pages unfold and come to life.

Here's to the start of a very good week!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kelly, I just wondered if you ever take part in art retreat weekends with other tutors? Such as Call of the Wild Soul, or whatever?. Love Karen
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Karen,

I've taught at several big name retreats for over 13 years now in addition to having my own weekend retreats at various venues. I've never done Call of the Wild Soul, etc... I am always open to new opportunities and new venues!! :) THANKS!

Kelly
Anonymous said…
I'll keep a watch out for them, I would love to visit America, and you would be such a good reason to go!!

Popular Posts