7 February 2012 Journal Page

Some folks think that you "know it all" as an artist. No one knows everything. That said, as an instructor, I do my damndest to make sure that I know my materials and information 100% yet at the same time, I am always growing and changing as an artist (and instructor.) I am always trying to explore the endless artistic possibilities that are out there. I know my materials inside out. I have learned how to use them safely and I know what they can and can not do. Yet I do not know everything that I am fully capable of doing with the materials in my own hands. One week, I may have one way of using an art supply and the next, I am taking them in an entirely new direction. That's the beauty of an art journal. You can explore a myriad of ideas and possibilities and see how far you can push yourself!

*****

A quick heads up that I'm teaching not one but TWO classes this weekend at Zinnia in So Pasadena as well as at Stampin from the Heart in L.A. More class info here. As far as I know, both classes are a go so please don't wait to long to sign up if you're interested. I'll have my April-June schedule up sometime this week.

*****

Blog Love:
Mood Boards
Painting and Drawing Inspiration
Dear Musketeer
Ali Mcnabney-Stevens
Abbey McCulloch

Happy First Day of Spring!

Comments

Brian Kasstle said…
Dang you Kelly and your pen suggestions...

Now me po'!

Love you!
Brian Kasstle said…
Dang ya Kelly and your pen suggestions!

Now I am po'!

Love you!

Popular Posts