7 January 2012 Journal Page

Now that I've got all of my housekeeping done (a.k.a. class schedule for the New Year), I can get on with a proper blog post!

Above is another sneak peek at my latest journal. I've named it Wanderlust. I started it right before we left for Boston and I have been working in it daily since. It is an unusual format for me with pages that flip and fold up and out. It's also small (about 5 x 7"). It's a smaller book (for me) and the way that the book folds up on itself is very different. I'm really enjoying working in it.

I added three new slideshows to the right hand side of my blog:

Listen to Your Heart

Uncharted Territories

New Directions

(these are also 3 new classes that I'm debuting in AZ next month.)

I finally got my food processor/blender (yay!) and I've been making smoothies every morning for the past couple of days. If anyone has any favorite blogs, websites or recipes, I'd love to hear them!


Some Etsy Shop Love:

My sister ordered a blanket for my nephew, Jack, using our Grandfather's old firefighter shirt from this shop, Wanna Woobie. We love the job that she did (even removing the buttons and anything that might present a choking hazard.)

I ordered this necklace from Laurel Steven. Shipping was super fast (plus super cute packaging!) I can't wait to wear it! Check out Laurel's blog here.

I also ordered this necklace from Catherine Witherell. I have been wanting a piece of jewelry art from Catherine for so long. I was so happy to be able to order this. Shipping was also super fast and just really cute! Loved the extra goodies, too! Check out Catherine's blog here.

Before the year ended, I ordered several new tapes from etsy. I'm still waiting for them (one is from Australia and the other is from Japan.) I'll post as soon as they arrive.

Blog Love:

Congratulations to my friend, Taylor, whose artwork made it into the new issue of Art Journaling. Taylor's art is unique and so wonderfully her. Check out her blog, Half Full, for more!

Artiphy The Heart

RedondoWriter's Sacred Ordinary

Pens to Improve Your Handwriting

Win a 1 Year Subscription to Uppercase Magazine Courtesy of Jetpens. (The deadline is 1/13 at midnight so hurry!)

2012 Books to Read

Klara Persson

Words of Wisdom (this is so cool and very inspiring! Where are my scissors?!)

Pony Anarchy Magazine

Lynne Hoppe's studio (YUM)

Dylan Williams

Spinach Feta Blood Orange Salad

The Ginger Cook's Top 2011 Posts

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kelly
loved the slide shows of your journals. You do such a beautiful job ..I shouldn't say job, think it is an a totally creative endeavor.
You had a lot to show us in your blog. I enjoyed traveling about with you to the different sites. Thanks.
♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
☀ Felíz ☀ Día ☀ Amigos! ☀☀
♫ .♥.•* ☀¨`*•♫.•´*.¸☀.•´♥
┊ ┊┊ ┊☀┊ ┊ ┊┊ ☀ه
ه┊ ☀ ┊ ┊ ི♥ྀ
☀ ┊┊ ☀ه
ه┊ ☀
Anonymous said…
forgot to sign my comment.
pat q
Seth said…
That's a lot of links. Thanks for the guided tour through the Internet.

Popular Posts