Comic Con 2011 Schedule

It's that time again, folks! We're making lists and checking them twice. We're getting our water bottles and backpacks ready. We have new walking shoes. We will make sure that our badges are clipped on right. We are READY!

Here's a link to our schedule. My three main panels this year are:
Thurs 1:15 Hall H ✭ A One on One with Pee-wee Herman
Thurs 6:00 Hall H
Entertainment Weekly: The Visionaries: A discussion with Jon Favreau and Guillermo del Toro on the Future of Pop CultureHall H
Sat 1:00 Room 30CDE CBLDF Master Session 6: Camilla d'Errico

Other panels I'd like to see:
Fri 11:00 a.m. Hall H Paramount: The Adventures of Tin-Tin
Fri 1:30 Room 8
Spotlight on Chester Brown
Fri 2:30 Room 8 Spotlight on Seymour Chwast
Fri 3:30 Room 8
Spotlight on Eric Drooker
Sat 11:45 a.m. Hall H
TWIXT: Francis Ford Coppola and Dan Deacon
Sat 1:30 Room 8 Spotlight on Peter Kuper
Sat 2:30 Room 24ABC
The Art of the Graphic Novel
Sat 4:00 Room 7AB
Scott Shaw!'s Oddball Comics (always funny as hell)
Sat 4:30 Room 5AB
Spotlight on Walter and Louise Simonson
Sat 4:30 Room 8
Top Shelf Productions
Sat 5:30 Room 8
Everyone's Favorite Red Head, Little Orphan Annie
Sat 5:45 Hall H
An Early Evening with Kevin Smith
Sat 7:30 Room 8
The Art of the Hollywood Movie Poster
Sun 2 Room 25ABC
Cover Story: The Art of the Cover
Sun 2 Room7AB
Max Brooks: Zombie Survival 101

We always go to the Eisners which are Friday night:
Advanced Micro Devices Presents the Will Eisner Comic Industry AwardsIndigo Ballroom

Booths to visit:
Artists Alley (I also love the small press! I always find some gems)
Peter S. Beagle EE-02
Seymour Chwast HH-10
Eric Drooker HH-14
Peter Kuper II-17
Abrams 1216
Allen Spiegel Fine Arts 4701
Bud Plant & Hutchison Books1507
Bud Plant Comic Art1503
Chronicle Books 1506
Camilla d'Errico 4723
Dark Horse Comics 2615
Drawn & Quarterly 1629
Fantagraphics Books, Inc 1718
First Second Books 1323
IDW Publishing 2643
Last Gasp 1614
Mile High Comics, Inc 5523
Murphy Art Books 4833
Stuart Ng Books 5012
Sunday Press Books 1217
Top Shelf Productions, Inc. 1721
Upper Playground 4633
Vanguard 1709

My tips from last year's SDCC.

I WILL be posting daily from Con. I've set up a tumblr page, too, just for SDCC. If I can get it to work right from my phone (so far it's given me nothing but headaches), I'll link here.

More info on SDCC, here.

Comments

Sandy said…
I can't wait to see the pictures! You're just like me, I plan ahead so it will go smoothly. I hope you all have a great time.
T and J said…
my feet hurt just reading this :) Have fun !
Marylinn Kelly said…
A fabulous time...I read your choices to my graphic novel/all the stuff you like and know about-following son and he said, Cool. Looking forward to reports. Enjoy, all of you. xo

Popular Posts