11 February 2011 Journal Page

If you are in or near L.A. county, do yourself a huge favor and head in over to LACMA (after 5 it's free though I am not sure about weekends and they're closed Wednesdays). In the Art of the Americas building they are screening Christian Marclay's The Clock. We went last night for an hour and I am still thinking about it. There is a free 24 hour screening coming up in July. Yes, the film is 24 hours and takes place in real time. I joked that the guard should watch the film as he kicked us out saying, "It's 8 o' clock!", when it was 7:55 p.m.

Speaking of films, I was sad to hear about the death of Peter Falk. Companero, if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and rent Wings of Desire. It's one of the most breathtaking and inspiring pieces of film that I've ever seen.

Comments

Ms. Lahtidah said…
I DO love Wings of Desire! Such a beautiful film. Peter will be missed.

Popular Posts