La Petite Muse



It's been a crazy week! This is usually the time when we have a little bit of vacation time to sit and relax, but not this week. I'm working on compiling a list of my favorite books BOUGHT in 2010. I hope to have it posted sometime next week. It probably won't be just 10 books, but it won't be a ton either!

Been prepping like a mad woman for my class tomorrow at Stampin From The Heart. I'm really looking forward to it. I know almost everyone who is going and it's a great group! I'm excited!

My living room is still a mess (because of the ongoing apartment building work) so as soon as life is back to normal, I'm hoping to shoot a video or upload some pictures of my little corner of the living room a.k.a. my art area. I'll show you how I organize my stuff. I tend to rotate my "toys" like a parent does for a child. I have my NOW stuff and my LATER stuff. Every now and then, I go through my stuff and pull out stuff that I want to work with NOW and put away other stuff for LATER (or for classes). Right now my NOW pile is packed in an Eagle Creek Pack-it Shoe Cube and is sorted by: focal images, backgrounds and transparencies in that order. I also have a small ziploc bag of stickers and rub ons thrown in there. I don't organize or categorize like other artists. I find it more interesting to dig through stuff and find things spur of the moment. Also, depending on where I'm going, I have a very small case (it used to hold my tiny laptop speakers before I put it to better use) that holds about a dozen rolls of masking tape. I have my favorite pens in a little carry all case that changes depending on my mood. I buy most of my pen cases from jetpens.com. Oh no, see what you made me do?! I just went to jetpens.com to simply link and I found NEW pens. I think I need them.

Where was I? Oh yeah, storage. So, I tend to pack average. I'll try to snap a photo or two over the next few days that shows what I bring for on the go art journaling. It really does change every couple of months or with my mood.

Quick book to be on the look out for in the coming weeks:
Lust: A Traveling Art Journal of Graphic Designers

Blog Love:
Papier Valise is having a sale THIS WEEK. Catch it while you can!
Tree ideas for next Christmas
I love when Roseann posts!

I hope that my East Coast friends are staying safe and warm. Call me crazy, but I really do miss the snow...

Comments

cmunch26 said…
Your art is so creative and fascinating!! I can't quite remember how I came across your blog...but I'm so very glad I did. :)
brigitte said…
i would love to see your work space. rotating sounds like a great idea.

Popular Posts