Two more pages from my journal-I saw all of the books I blogged about yesterday in the bookstores last night. Here's my brief review:

1000 Handmade Cards-It's not a how-to, so don't expect that. It's more of a gallery book of a variety of handmade cards using different techniques. I loved lots of what was in the book, but didn't buy it (though that may change if I find it at a good price in my travels. It is worth the full price, but I am paring down right now to what I really want/need/um, have room for).

The Printmaking Bible-Excellent looking book, but as my friend, Andrew, pointed out you need lots of the tools and things mentioned in the book. Lots of chemicals I prefer not to use, too. BUT the art does look cool. I didn't buy it (expensive and ditto above comment).

Rethinking Acrylic-EXCELLENT looking how-to book on acrylics. I flipped through it several times at the bookstore last night. Lots of well written information (she knows her stuff! :)) and great photos of various artwork. I didn't buy it (go back to comment on book #1).

When Wanderers Cease to Roam-I loved the look and feel of this book and yes, I DID buy it. I have flipped through it several times and I can't wait to sit down and get all cozy with it.

Comments

Popular Posts