I had to go to Nova Color in L.A. the other day to pick up some paint for Art Unraveled. Since we were in the area, I decided to stop off at Graphaids. I had several "little" things in my hand that all got put back on the shelves when I saw these:

Faber Castell Pitt artist pen big brush:

Oh baby!!

I can't find these damn things online (except info for retailers and even then, only on ONE website and no pictures). They are just like the regular Pitt pens but a big brush tip! They are waterproof and yummy. I picked out several colors and guess what?? They were so new that they weren't even priced yet!! Eeps! So, after searching through several catalogs and making several phone calls the person who was helping me "found" (*ahem*) a price for them (deal!!) Needless to say, I made out like a bandit. I couldn't wait to try them out. Here are all of the colors you see below on a painted page "testing" them out:

Like most markers, the light colors do not show up on a painted page. I'll save those pens for other uses. I've thrown the black, red and paynes grey-ish color in my bag to bring with me.
Here's what the tip looks like:

You guys know me and how much I LOVE pens. The tip on this pen is great. I can't wait to have more time to explore playing with the pens...

HEY! Did you guys see that at Rag & Bone, their small journals are BACK?? I rarely (if ever, hardly never-LOL) buy journals. I find that I like to work in journals that I make myself...but, I couldn't resist their small journals (having bought one myself several years ago). Rag & Bone are one of the, if not THE, best makers of books and journals on the face of the planet. Yes, I love their journals so much more then moleskines!
Any ways, with the sale I ordered um, some new journals...I can't wait and am hoping they arrive before my East Coast trip!

Comments

artisticdiva said…
What great pens! I'm playing with the idea of getting a moleskin journal. Have you ever used one? I usually make my journal pages and then affix them to a journal, which I no longer like doing, either, because the way it's made is that the signatures are cut small and then the page is attached to the signature, and it never fails that something I want to see is covered by that signature. I thought maybe doing the work in a moleskin would help, but I've heard some horror stories. I like making my own journals, too, but since the ones I've made so far are not working any more...
Sandy said…
Oh I love these pens and can't wait to find them somewhere, probably online. Thanks for sharing them.

Popular Posts