A few finds from the antique shop

I love old books. I love old children's books. Now I'm just wondering: put these in my suitcase or ship? ;)

I'm always looking for little Golden books...I LOVE the Remy Charlip book-that was a real score!
I also love the old photo album year books that I found stuck on a small, lower shelf. Another neat thing was the old note book (see below where I opened it) with art notes and history written in it and photos glued inside of it. I'm always looking for old, vintage diaries, journals and photo albums.



Does anyone know of a source for glassine envelopes in various sizes in bulk where I don't have to request a price quote for each individual item?-Thanks!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Crimany sakes.....that IS a score!!

Totally ship...UPS them back to LA..the airlines are weighing everything like mad!
Kara said…
I think shipping makes the most sense, just ship them to my house and I'll "hold them for you"! Wow, what great finds!
Marissa said…
Is that all from Reflections? I'll have to show the the photo album of the quadruplets from Canada that I bought there. It's amazing. I showed the girls at the store and they were shocked that I wanted to take it apart and use the photos :)
Laura Bray said…
You'll have to see my Golden book collection one of these days. ClearBags.com has great prices & fast service for bags.
ginny said…
Ask Mike at Coffee Break about glassine envys. He used to carry several sizes and still might.
&rew said…
Oh my goodness, I feel like an enabler! I think you would want to ship them as lostluggage's right - they do charge a hefty fee for any baggage over 50 lbs limit, and for having more than two baggages. And some of the plane fares went down for this fall.
Anonymous said…
Hi, Kelly: Try PaperMart for the glassine envelopes. I believe they have them in various sizes in bulk. Hope that helps! ~Joann

Popular Posts