I'm back! I'm still slowly answering email and trying to get things done around here! It was a fun weekend though we spent a lot of time figuring out how to beat the heat. I thought I'd show you some goodies from the weekend.

Yesterday, we stopped at Handmade in Sherman Oaks. It's been one of my favorite stores for awhile. I hadn't been in there in a couple of years and managed to do a little damage yesterday. I have been looking for Self Portrait in a Velvet Dress. I was very excited to see a copy of it there. I also managed to sniff out the rolls of tape that they had (3 from Red Horseshoe) that are in the back of the store (near the back door). I was even happier to find that they were on sale for about $7 less than what I paid for them last year! I also bought a lavender smelling eye pillow to help me relax (plus you can put it in the fridge-that sold me right there! The fabric is very cool, too). I bought a cool necklace that says "Love" unfortunately, it wasn't tagged so I have no idea who the artist is. I just know that I loved it!!!I taught yesterday at Zinnia. It was a fun day (Thanks Tamara and the Gang!) and I picked up a couple of fun goodies, too!
How did we spend Friday? Well, the 3 of us managed to find this abandoned city. We strolled through the empty streets searching for signs of anything familiar...

We heard the sounds of hammering and lots of "work" activity in the distance...hmmm...Could it be?
Yes! We were walking around the Warner Brothers Lot. We didn't see anyone nor did we really see any filming. We saw old facades that were used for shooting, but no actual working "filming" sets. Lots of construction though. Lots of the outsides of sound stages. I think the best part of the tour was the nice air conditioned museum (no photos allowed inside) where Tristan thoroughly enjoyed "trying on" (a lady held the hat above your head and you sit on a stool that activates the recording) the "Sorting Hat" from Harry Potter. The look on his face was priceless. WTH? They put me in Slytherin! Yet, Tristan and the other member of our gang were put into Gryffindor! What!?!?!? It was interesting seeing some of the props and things from Harry Potter. Emma Watson a.k.a. "Hermione" is SO tiny!!!!

In all honesty though, unless you know someone, don't waste your money on the "tour" of WB. It really isn't worth it. You don't get to see anyone actually filming anything. We're all big movie buffs in the family. Most of the things that you see pointed out are from TV shows. We did see some of the sound stages where some of the "big" WB films from the past were made, but we didn't go inside them so that was disappointing. It was definitely a one time thing. Save your money and buy the DVDs instead.
One neat thing we did pick up at WB, was Tristan's hat. He knows he looks cool ;)
We also saw The Incredible Hulk on Friday night. I wouldn't recommend seeing it at the Cinerama Dome. Several scenes were blurry and off focus. I'm not a big fan of that over priced theatre (Arclight) any ways...Hulk was ok-like Indiana Jones-it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I do like Edward Norton though. My fave scenes were the ones with Stan Lee and the little "surprises" that are sprinkled throughout the movie with old Hulk references. Tristan and his Pal went to see Get Smart yesterday at the Grove (while I taught) and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's funny while last year's movie choices were total famine, this year is all feast. Next week is Wall-E. Then Hancock. Then Journey to the Center of the Earth. Then Hellboy II.
Then The Dark Knight. Then Step Brothers (the bunk bed scene just cracks me up.) Tristan wants to see Star Wars: The Clone Wars. (He will owe me BIG time for that one...I'll be bringing a pillow).
*****

I have several workshops lined up this week. Great ways to beat the heat and stay creative!! For more info, please email me. To sign up, please contact the places as noted below! :)

Wed 25th Stampin From The Heart LA Goin’ Postal PM 310 391 0466

Sat 28th A Studio in Thousand Oaks “Day by Day” Book workshop open to the public email Kelly for more info!!!

Sun 29th Art Bar Santa Ana Snippets 714 558 2445

Comments

GoodchefT said…
Once again because of your recommendation - I went to B&N in Torrance to get the Ludwig book. They didn't have it.
I made hubs drive us to El Segundo to the Borders bookstore and got it in my hot hands.
Worth the drive to get it!

Now please for the month of July - don't post drool worthy pictures of art goodies. My budget needs to go to my kitchen remodel.
Or I could not read your blog for 30 days so I won't be tempted.

Nah.. that's not gonna happen either :)
&rew said…
Welcome back to Blogosphere! And one of your WB photos reminded me of the one I saw in Lake Buena Vista - where the big world of too many theme parks in one place is. And I gotta go back to Zinnia, too!
&rew

Popular Posts