I know that I mentioned True Vision and 1000 Artist Journal Pages before, but I thought that I'd emphasize how cool these books are...I'm going to link below to a small selection of some artists whose work is sampled in these books. (Also, please note, I'm blurbing about artists who have not been mentioned on this blog and aren't in my links yet either! :)).

Here is a small selection of artists from 1000 Artist Journal Pages whose work you must check out:

Jeannine Peregrine

Kasten Searles

Tara Finlay

Stacie Rife

Carolee Gilligan Wheeler-note that Carolee is the other half of the infamous Pod Post and they are actively seeking contributions to a forthcoming book on mail art.

From True Vision-

Tricia Scott

Melanie Lyn Hamilton

Nikki Blackwood is in both books and I *LOVE* her work-*LOVE* it...I have for a long time. Woman, you need to update your blog! ;)

Shirley Ende-Saxe

Diana Trout


I could go on and on, but that would defeat the purpose. You NEED these books. Now. Seriously. Go. Get thee to a bookstore now. These two books are permanently by my bedside when I'm not toting them around with me.

*****

I have two workshops scheduled for this coming weekend. You will love them. Trust me!!! Find out more here.

Comments

Sandy said…
I have them both and love them both. I agree everyone should go out and get them.
Venita said…
I just got my copy of True Vision last week, it is a really cool book. You always give great book recommendations, I will check out the 1000 Artist as well.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the blurb - I'm glad you liked my pages.

I haven't seen the True Vision book yet, but do love the 1000 AJ Pages book - like you I carry it around with me and am constantly paging through it.

I took a couple of classes with you at A Little Bazzar back in the day (five or six years ago). I still have the handout and refer to it often for ideas. Thank you!

:)
~jolene said…
Kelly, if you only had the money for ONE of the books....which one would it be???? (hey I have to put gas in the car what can I say?) :)
martha brown said…
I'm WAITING for both books! Tell Tara to update her blog too :)
Melanie said…
I have art in both, my first "published" stuff. :) Did you catch my mom's page right after my pages? They are almost at the end of the 1000 artist pages book. She would have been so happy.

Popular Posts