Journal pages and the weekend....Above page has a quote from "Mother" Jones on it that says "I hate your political parties, you republicans and democrats. I want you to deny what I am going to say. You want an office and must necessarily get into the ring. You must do what the ring says and if you don't, you won't be elected."-Mary "Mother" Jones
The next three pages (above and 2 below) are from my "Inspired" class at Staci's house. I started them in the workshop and want to add more...


What did I do yesterday? THIS:

I spent several hours going through every issue of Somerset Studio, Cloth Paper Scissors, Quilting Arts, Juxtapoz, Home Companion, etc... and ripping out what I wanted. I'm now left with about 4 or 5 file folders (see above) of "what I want". I couldn't believe how much I tossed (RECYCLED) from most of the magazines. Eek. I had every issue of Somerset. I had every issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. I had every issue of Quilting Arts. Nope. Now, I have everything I want from every issue of the above. Sometime soon I will go get some binders and put them into their own little piles...but right now it's still too hot. :)

As far as the zines go, I'm hanging onto: The Studio, Dogeared, I.Q. and Pisces Rising. Those are my treasures that I can't part with yet...

*****

I have two workshops scheduled for this coming weekend:

Sat 24th Private Home in Simi Valleyworkshop Special ONE time ONLY 2 needle Coptic, Multi Layered Book-workshop open to public

Sun 25th Art Bar Snippets 714 558 2445www.theartbar. net/ If you like the journal that was on my blog from Jan until early March, that's the one we're making this Sunday!!!

To sign up for Saturday's workshop, please email me. To sign up for the Art Bar's workshop
on Sunday, please contact the store.

*****

On a very sad note, I just found out that Roslyn Zinn, artist and wife of historian Howard Zinn, died on May 14th.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I laughed reading about your magazines - they do take up a lot of space! I can't tell you how many times I have said to myself, "just tear out the pages you want"! I keep thinking that the magazine police will come and arrest me. You have given me courage. thank you. I look forward to reading how how you will store and sort these.
Shoshanah said…
omg what a good girl you are!!! wanna do mine? decide for me what i need to keep? and make the rest go away? ; )
Sandy said…
Can I ask where do you find the zines? Thanks and love your blog and your work.

Popular Posts