Yesterday, I took the car into the shop as the check engine light has been coming on and it did need a tune up. Well, the tune up was $120. The check engine light hasn't been fixed yet. Ouch $400! I told you this week has sucked so far LOL!!! I guess it's the Oxygen Sensor. The guy who explained the problem to me was NOT a mechanic. I hate how you look online and the part costs like $50 but labor is $350. Ouch. So, we are waiting to get that fixed for now... I DID find out though that if your check engine light is on, you can go to Autozone (instead of paying the $80 that I did-grrr) and they have the machine that will diagnose the problem in 5 minutes and tell you what's wrong and what you need to do.

I was carless for several hours yesterday, so I spent a lot of time walking with the camera. I had to walk to get Tristan (no biggie though we are fans of walking in the early morning or late afternoon, not at 1:30 when the sun is high and hot!). Of course walking home, the wheel on his backpack just fell apart. Of course, it was one of those days when he had tons of homework and what felt like every school book in his backpack. (Off to Target we went later on for a $10 rolling suitcase).

These are some of the streets in West Hollywood. Pretty, huh? Lots of "green":
Bike shop on Melrose complete with graffiti side walk!
Those two goober guys just had to get into this picture of the Record Collector on Melrose. It's hard to shoot across the street on Melrose and NOT get a car or a person in the picture!
I love this truck.
The car was finished about 3:30, so we all trekked down to pick it up. Paid the man and away we went! Off to the Iliad in North Hollywood. For $15, I found 7 books (one to tear up that is in the trunk of my car for my "An Artist's Journal" class this Saturday in Thousand Oaks). I have been looking for the "Wisdom" book cheap for a long time. It was $5.
We also hit Fry's (didn't buy anything though we are looking for a flat screen computer monitor at a good price...gotta go back this week). Had pizza at Tony's Bella Vista in Burbank (one of our fave places). Good pizza, as always. I'm sick of pizza at the moment. When we go out to eat, it's what we eat. Sometimes I make it at home (Pita pocket pizzas with lots of veggies). Then we hit Target for Tristan's backpack. Home in time for a little family time. Tristan was in bed and I got to watch a series that I have been watching on PBS for the last couple of weeks.

Today, I am off to take Tristan to the dentist in Lincoln Heights for the gazillionth time. Later on, it's comic book day, so off to Meltdown and Golden Apple. We are all counting down to Friday at 12:45, as Tristan gets out early and vacation starts (yay!!)

Per Comics Reporter-

James Jean and Prada? OMG, I want that frigging skirt...the handbag is cute too...but the skirt! It probably would cost a year's rent! Insane!!!! (and I am not!)

Yes! Aline Kominsky Crumb has a new book deal!

In the news-
If Southwest doesn't fix their damn planes soon (AND keep them maintained and INSPECTED), I'll be walking to Boston in August!

Gas is up ridiculously but did you notice that the price of food is, too?

Comments

&rew said…
You think you had a hard time taking pictures with no cars. Try that in New York City. It's almost impossible! And the labor cost for the car is really ridiculous. For one little light bulb for my car's headlight, the labor is more than the part. I will have to check out that pizza place in Burbank this weekend.

Popular Posts