Some journal pages that I have done in classes recently (I always work alongside the students as a way of "demo'ing" the techniques and ideas I am trying to get across).
Tristan and I went to Chinatown last week before his dentist appointment looking for the yellow scalloped paper below (I would like some of it in pink/purple). We went to several stores and found joss paper (didn't buy any) but that was it. Oh, and we found a reason why Tristan "never wants to go there again." He was in a pissy mood because I wouldn't take him to the Lego store (Um, spoiled!) until Thursday (this was Wednesday. He had to wait a whole 24 hours). So, he was taking his time walking up and down the aisles with a pouty face on. We went into one store that was food and one of the items was a squished, totally flat, buggy eyed squid. I saw it and said "I hope Tristan doesn't see that." Next thing I hear is "Oh God" and "run run running to Mom" type sounds. He ran up to me and asked me if I had seen the squid and said "I don't ever want to come back." Well, we're going back later this week. One of the ladies in class yesterday (thank you!!) told me where to get some of the papers (I'll post if I have luck!)




I had a GREAT time teaching at Zinnia & the Art Bar this weekend. FUN FUN FUN!! I bought some fun goodies at both locations this weekend. I will try to post a photo of the goodies later on.
Thanks ladies for a GREAT weekend!! :)

New book to look out for in March-At a Crossroads by Kate T. Williamson

Comments

Shoshanah said…
did you find the paper? i used to have a ton of it. i'll check if you still need it. i think they only make it in yellow. : (
Kelly Kilmer said…
I have it in yellow w/ red and also purple with red. :)
Anonymous said…
Is your kid not fond of sea life?

My husband pulled a trick on me at the Japanese food market.. walked by and said to me ' hey that's clam dick' and of course I went over and looked at the package (not being able to read what it said) and thought about it and then realized that clams do not have dicks.
Apple said…
Love your journal pages!!!
love your journal pages! came on over from Laura Bray's blog to see yours!

Popular Posts