I am channeling my inner Martha Rich Book:

I had a lot of fun with this book! I started it last week while teaching my "About Face" class at Stampin From The Heart in L.A.. I did the rest of the faces yesterday at the Art Bar while teaching /demo'ing. (I always make something in class as it helps me to teach and show people the techniques I am talking about!)

I still want to do more "backgrounds" on the pages, but so far here you go:


I thought she kinda looked like a drag queen, but one of my students pointed out "Peggy Bundy!"

I want to be Maira Kalman if I grow up...




They're totally different then anything I usually do and it was a ton of fun playing with these faces! I tried to make them really different-and all redheads! A Book of Gingers!!

Met up with my friend Adriane yesterday for breakfast at The Gypsy Den before my class yesterday. It was a blast. Adriane not only is an amazing artist but also a good friend. We don't get to hang out together too often due to both of our crazy schedules so yesterday was really fun!

*****

The schedule for Art Unraveled is UP! Any workshops you see with "Kelly Kilmer" are very good and I highly recommend them.

Oh MY! Decisions decisions!! There are lots of workshops *I* want to take with artists like: Judy, Carla, Katie, Traci, Leighanna, Doris, Anne to name a few...and there are many more to choose from-some new faces I don't know about but LOVE the art!!!! DECISIONS!!!! You have until registration opens on February 15th!

Comments

Judy Wise said…
LOVE the redheads! Nice paintings.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks Judy for the kind words...
~jolene said…
I am SO digging these.
ginny said…
Your faces are wonderful, Kelly. I think many of them look like you!
Miss taking a class here and there with you. Your classes are always such fun.
Laura Bray said…
I wanted to take this class & then missed it! Darn! Hoping to bring my sister to your ARTbar class in February!

Popular Posts