Spoiled rotten with all of the books I received for Christmas. I am trying (so far I have succeeded) not to buy books while I am here (though I did go looking for the new Cloth Paper Scissors and Somerset Studio even though I should know by now the newsstands are always very slow in putting them out this time of year-grrr).
Obey: The Art of Shepard Fairey; Beguiled by the Wild by Charley Harper; Art & Flair of Mary Blair; two Maira Kalman books: Next Stop Grand Central and What Pete Ate. And yes, Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean socks. Um, I bought those for my own stocking...I want to wear them to class this week ;)



More family photos-my Dad's side of the family-going around the table from the left-Dad, Jim, Aunt Sis, Denise, Bev and David watching Tristan decorate the gingerbread house. (Bev, I didn't want to leave you guys out ;) LOL!!!!) Photos from before we ate. After dinner was served, the table was loaded with food and yummy deserts. Dinner and desert at Bev or Aunt Sis' house is AMAZING pure and simple. Damn good cooking!!!!


My cutie patootie with his new Exoforce toy.

I'll be teaching tomorrow at Ink About it. My friend Sharyn is kind enough to trek out there with me!! Then I'll spend some more time with Sharyn, Elyce, Marie, Susan, Andrew and the whole gang at The Stamp Act-I'm looking forward to it!!!

Comments

Holly said…
Hi Kelly! I am actualy signed up for your classes at Ink About It for today... I am very excited! It looks like you are from LA so you may or may not know that Cloth Paper Scissors is published just down the street from Westford in Stow MA at Quilting Arts. Not only would they have the latest issue but they also have a nifty retail store too. It might be worth the 20 minute trip for you to check it out. I can chat with you more later if you need more info. Thanks and I look forward to your classes. Love your artwork!
Best wishes,
Holly :)
Tara's Art Camp said…
I love all your book recommendations, I'm a bookaholic too, especially children's illustrations.
Thanks for all your recommendations!
Unknown said…
So nice to have met you Kelly at the Ink About It Design Workshop. I learned so much and had such a great time. I wrote a post about you, your web site and blog and showed a bit of show and tell. Blessings, Karen
Bernie Berlin said…
Merry Christmas!! O.k. I'm a bit late.. What else is new:) Sorry I missed seeing you when I was up north.
I'm sure our paths will cross again, soon!!
Make sure to see Marie's new kitties I brought her for Christmas. Big Hugs and lots of Love,
Bernie
Joyce said…
Loved your classes at "Ink About It"! What a fabulous way to spend a rainy Thursday. So many ideas, so little time! As soon as I get the chance I will post it to my blog ( it's more like a diary, not a lot of visitors ) It's still fun. I hope you'll be back soon, looking forward to learning as much as I can.
sf said…
Pasticcio 2's art history girl for the issue is, ta-dah: Mary Blair!
Have you gotten a copy yet, Miss?
www.lulu.com/cartwrightandfishburn
xxo
sarah

Popular Posts