New journal pages...and I'm looking for something...


I love the two pages above. They're probably my most favorite pages from the past week that I've done...The photo on the left is my sister and I in 1995 in front of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. Don't know who the girl in the photo is as it's a "found photo". The feet on the right page are from Sarah Fishburn. They're standing on a map of Los Angeles.

------

A journal spread talking about homes, houses, and oh the places we have lived (the addresses are all on the front door except I blocked out where we live now...Blah Blah Blah Street X in West Hollywood).
The door opens to a picture of me, my sister and our Grandpa-

Tristan, my goofy boy playing with his new Fred Fredburger toy (yes!) (that should've been a Christmas present but dummy Mommy opened it wondering "What's this?") Needless to say, he was ecstatic!!!

*****

Help, please!!!

I'm looking for vintage labels-pharmaceutical labels, shipping labels, "Made In Ireland" labels, Eureka and/or Dennison stickers (my Nana used to put these on everything...it's probably her fault I love stickers so much ;) ), etc... They don't have to be originals. Copies are fine. I'll trade you either decorative/handmade paper or copies of images I've collected. Please drop me a note if you're interested :) I appreciate it!!!!

*****

HEY, check it out! Bill Koeb, one of my most favorite artists is offering copies of his book, ReMemory, which ranks high on my Top Most Favorite Books Ever List!! For $30, the copy of the book includes a sketch!! I remember finding a copy of it at Meltdown in L.A. what seems like eons ago and then being pissed for months afterwards 'cause the store didn't have anything near this cool (LOL)!!! It's chock full of Koeb's drawings, glowing full color paintings and seriously cool monotypes. Check it out!!



Comments

~jolene said…
Ay! Kelly! I am doing back-flips (an amazing feat at my age!) over your latest journal pages!!
I can't stop looking at 'em!!!!!
Oh... Mercy said…
Hey Gorgeous!
I gotta tell ya, Every time I come ov er here I wind up straying because of your links, I click one, and from there I'm all over the map and never wind up commenting.
Just want to tell you I'm here!
Love the new work girly.

BTW, I did see the photo of the billboard.
Loved it!

How do you like the new "scandal coming out with Plamegate?
Yeah Baby!
LOL

hugs
xoxoxoxoxox
Diana
Jeane Frizzell said…
Your new pages are lovely! I especially love the house. I'm so glad you shared them!
iHanna said…
I think you might find something here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?q=labels&w=47411174%40N00&m=pool

or?

I like this one;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sassyartz/135550422/

You might need to join the group to see all the images in that group, but it's a GREAT resorse!
BellaKarma said…
My turn to have a blond moment! ;-)
Before I read the post, I was looking at the Haunted Mansion, thinking: "What an awesome house!It must be in the South!" Duh, yeah. Southern California. And not only that, but I walk past it at least 50 times a year.

I saw a Dean Koontz book on the bookcase (yes, I zoom) -- is it you that is the fan?
sf said…
Ooh my feet, and Mira's, too (my ex- SIL, but yay though, we're still friends) - Kelly love how u used them on the map of LA, the pages are oh so cool!
xxo
sarah
Bill Koeb said…
Hi Kelly, thanks for the post on your site and passing along the info on the book. I would love to do another book, just have to find someone willing to publish it.

Your books look amazing! Your work is so beautiful.

Best,

Bill
Kelly Kilmer said…
Aww shucks, thanks Jolene!!

Diana-Haven't heard the new scandal...but have read (and heard) the news about it in the past...

Thanks Jeane! Much appreciated!!

Oh cool beans-thanks Hanna! I'm on pins and needles waiting for your book!!

LOL, Jill-I sent you an email. The Koontz book is one (of the many) the books that my sister finished reading EONS ago when visiting and just left it here. I'm more of a Clive Barker fan myself ;)

Thank YOU Sarah for lending me your feet!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Wow-huge thanks Bill. Well, lots of us would love to see another book! Maybe self published? Poo poo on those who don't want to publish it-their loss! I'd be first in line to buy it!

Popular Posts