Basically...


Has anyone else noticed that the word "Basically" is now the new "like"? EVERYONE IS SAYING IT. When I listen to the radio, people talk, etc... I am now COUNTING the number of times people say "Basically" in a SENTENCE. Holy Cripes, when the hell did this happen? Even Tristan came home yesterday and said that his teacher said "Basically" several times throughout the day for no reason (LOL). Read the Lynch Guide to Grammar-make sure you read "Wasted Words" several times. Pass it on.

*****

So far, *knock wood*, Day 3: No Jury Duty.

Comments

lynne h said…
i basically use too many totally wasted words. ; )

love your art, kelly!

lynne
BellaKarma said…
The word I despise for the past two years is "Sick", but used to mean "Cool"; sort of like when "Sad" meant "Cool" back in the 80s. I remember when I first heard the word "Sick" being used: some guy had just made a bracelet in sewing class, and some girl remarked, "That's Sick!" - and he was all, "Thank you!" For a moment I thought she was a bitch.

"Basically" is a very chola word. Back in the day, we used it all the time. But we pronounced it "Bazically", like "ezactly." I still do. :)
Deb said…
Basically, this is one cool journal, and basically, I have always loved your work. Basically, this is all true - and basically, I too, am sick of the word "basically." But how funny it is to read and think about.
Your journals always inspire me.
Truly!
Basically, though, I'm out of here.

Deb
Anonymous said…
I just saw your thing on craft lab and had to check you out. Your work is fantastic, I find it very inspiring and its pushing me to do more in my own journal that I have just started. I just have to say I would love to get my hands on your library I love books as much as i love art. Thanks for sharing your work.
Maija said…
I have really been enjoying, and pouring over the journal pages you have been creating. Your work is stunning, Kelly!
Thanks for the guide to Grammar! I bookmarked it.
oxox
T2 said…
My favorite page. Ever.

Popular Posts