Meet my Hostesses with the Mostesses:

Shoshanah Jennings (aka Hannah Grey) and Heather Simpson-Bluhm (aka Bluhm Studios AND Portals Zine):

Yes! I am home again home again jiggity jig from a FUN filled ART filled ART PLAY weekend in San Jose courtesy of Shoshanah, Heather, their families (huge thanks to Mike, Bronte and Grey-high 5 buddy!) and all of my wonderful students!!!

The fun started Friday afternoon. I arrived at Shoshanah's front door about 4:30 (not a bad 5 hour drive). Shosh took me on a tour of her home (LOVED it!!! Her family are book hounds like my family is so we got along awesome). I dropped my bags and we headed out to pick up my friend, Bev. We had a BLAST! We went to Santana Row and raised hell at Paper Source, Anthropologie (Shoshanah dragged us in there and I proceeded to buy a hand towel with a bird on it-I NEVER EVER buy stuff like this but I LOVED it and it was a rare treat) and THREE books (hear that flapping-that's money flying away) but OMG the books are so cool-
A Gorgeous Sense of Hope by Emma Magenta;

Could You? Would You by Trudy White

and The Persistence of Yellow by Monique Duval and Joanna Abbott Moss.
I have spent many minutes over the last couple of days looking at these books again and again and again...

We also ate the yummiest soup and pizza at a very popular pizza restaurant a couple of doors down from Paper Source. Lots of laughs, great company and good food!

Afterwards the 3 of us trekked to Green Apple Books in San Francisco. Oh. My. God. How come I had never been in there before?!?! This was one of the BEST bookstores, if not THE best, that I have ever been in. If it wasn't so late when we arrived (and oh so much later when we left) I could've spent all day in there! I walked out with two bags (which I later condensed to one doubled paper bag LOL) with goodies for me, David and Tristan...*Huge* thanks to Shoshanah and Bev for such a fun fun night.

Saturday morning came bright and early. Shoshanah obliged my need for black unsweetened iced tea and we trekked off in search of caffeine for both of us! We arrived at the shop to set up for classes. We were greeted with many of the students already there eager and waiting to CREATE. Shoshanah and Heather went out of their way and treated us to snacks, food, lunch and just an amazing weekend. Our creative spirits and appetites were nourished and full by the end of the weekend. I had an amazing AMAZING time teaching-seeing many familiar faces was a great treat and meeting new faces was just as awesome. I am already counting the days to my next trip to San Jose to PLAY again with Shoshanah, Heather and the gang!! *Huge huge HUGE* thanks to all of you so much. It was an awesome weekend.


*****

I can never have enough of Northern CA! I will be heading up to San Anselmo at the end of this month (Sept 29 & 30th) for two fun filled days of mixed media workshops (bookbinding, art journaling, collage, acrylic painting, and oh so much more) at Sonora Beam's Sanctuary Studio in Northern California!! There is still limited space in some of the classes so if you are making up your mind, think fast! I'm already making MY plans for that weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts