Our fast trek to and through Boston tonight. LOL, the view from the car:



The view from the back seat-two happy campers:

Tristan (and his new hair cut) and his favorite friend, Dewey (my sister's dog):
I had to trek into Dick Blick at Fenway Park (Fenwhay Pahk) for glue for my classes at Rubber Chicken Stamp Art Store in Maryland this weekend. I walked out with two gallons of gel medium, some black markers and a ton of decorative paper. I was a baddddddddd girl! On the way to Castle Island, we drove through downtown Boston. I actually managed to drive right by Paper Source without stopping!! We couldn't stop anywhere 'cause we had Dewey and we didn't want to leave him in the car in downtown Boston (he's too cute-someone might steal him ;) is the running joke in our family). We ended up driving around Castle Island but not getting out. It was too cold (it feels like a damp cold like it's going to rain. I'm waiting for the rain!!) plus Dewey hates other dogs and goes nuts around them...

Today was spent mostly cutting paper by hand for classes this weekend in Maryland. I'm teaching six mixed media art, bookbinding, collage and art journaling classes in Gaithersburg, MD this weekend at Rubber Chicken. I have to get everything ready by tomorrow as Mom, Tristan and I are going to the Edward Gorey house on Wednesday. I have been a huge Edward Gorey fan since I was about Tristan's age (younger, I think). I grew up with a Grandpa who LOVED watching PBS and PBS' Mystery. The opening always intrigued me...I would pretend to be the lady "ohhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh". I discovered Gorey at an early age with John Bellairs books. I devoured the Johnny Dixon books when I was a kid. I still have the copies of the books that I read. I even pick up extra copies when I'm at used bookstores of Bellairs' books but only if they have Gorey illustrations in them. One thing that bummed me out was that I found out after his death that if you had been around town where Gorey lived he would talk to you, etc... I would have loved to have met that man. I'm looking forward to finally getting the chance to go to the Gorey house!!

Comments

Katxena said…
I'm so excited! I'm signed up for one of your classes and can't wait! :)
Kelly Kilmer said…
Looking forward to meeting you!!!
Katxena said…
I love rubber chicken, they have the best classes. I've been haunting your blog since signing up for your class -- I've never in my life taken an art class before, so I'm really excited about it.

Popular Posts