Two pages that I created last night :

The orange "flowers" are from a napkin. The gel pen is Sakura Gelly roll glaze black. The face and hands I found somewhere. The hands with the mandala inside are a copy from one of my journal pages (The Mandala is from Anahata's Spare Parts book). I bought the black and white paper at Paper Post, the orange/pink paper at Mimio's, the yellow "rosey" paper from Paper Source...not sure where I got the other papers from.

The above page is made from a variety of handmade papers, found images (though the mandala is another Anahata image).
My friend Tasha (Hi Jazmin!) asked me how I manage to keep track of my "stuff". Most people might take one look at my area and skimming the surface only, they might not consider me "organized" but I pretty much am. I know where everything is (or where it should be). I have my stamps on my "stamp shelves" (like in the photos the other day) OR I do have some in the kitchen with my "class" stuff in the bag ready to go when I need to teach (the kitchen class bag has my bookbinding supplies, stencils, ink pads, stamps and things I always bring to classes when I teach).
My papers are in one of two places: my IRIS carts, or under my "art table" in five bags/suitcases/boxes. (Though I do have my pink Barbie bag I showed you guys that has paper for "on the go" art opportunities). My "images" are in three or four big ziploc bags under the table next to the paper bags. My paints are on the second shelf of my bookcase to the right of my "art table"-those are paints for me, not for classes. The paints for classes are in my Crop in Style XXL tote that is stored to the left of my table (with "paper bags" on top of it) ready to be grabbed for classes and such. I also have more acrylics in the kitchen on a rolling cart and stored in the bottom shelf next to the sink (I Have LOTS of paints for classes). My art area is more cluttered then messy though I do often go through and get rid of stuff...I attribute the clutter to the fact that we are in a tiny apartment...so going through and getting rid of stuff is a necessity. Also, I don't buy as much as people think that I do. Most of the stuff I buy is for classes and gets consumed right away in the classes. I also make a point of using what I buy as much as I can...if it doesn't get used within a reasonable time period, it "goes"! (OH I don't "Throw" stuff away. I sell it. I donate it. I recycle it. I give it away. I hate throwing things away.)

*****
I wish I were in Boston today just to see/hear Chomsky, Zinn and Goodman all together.

Comments

Popular Posts